Access control main goal is to allow access to a property, building or room, only to authorized persons. Physical access control can be achieved through people (security guards or receptionists); through mechanical means such as locks and keys; or through technological means, such as systems based on access cards and/or biometrics.
In complex facilities, it is natural that there are systems of access control for security issues - controlled access zones to face risks - storage and handling of dangerous goods, raw materials and food products, etc.
Different actors, each with their respective specialties and operation peculiarities, contribute to a variety of groups of people with different "papers", but act and operate the premises, constituting a broad and diverse community.
When there is this diversity of groups of people, technological means are a facilitator in the allocation of authorization licenses and denial of access to people. Similarly guarantee audit, through registration of access control records to each person in every instant.
Access control using technological means to presuppose the installation of access control terminals and the existence of physical barriers which can be automatically triggered for every authorized person.
Terminals can be divided into two major groups: RFID card terminals and biometric terminals. Terminals for reading biometric data provide further security in that it is decreased probability of identity transmission. In contrast, card terminals allow greater flexibility in issuing and granting of permits to people.
The simple fact that people possess a card or biometric template registered by itself should not be enough to ensure access to facilities. The clearance model must be capable of defining:
- Period and time of access;
- Ports to which access is authorized, at the correct time ;
- Conditions of the system which may temporarily inhibit access ;
- The authentication method for security area.
Since 2003 EGAPI implements Access Control solutions for complex facilities, which allow you to:
- Control entry and exit of people and vehicles on the facilities;
- Integration with multiple terminals and physical barriers: automatic doors , corridors, turnstiles, turnstiles, etc. . ;
- Registration of in/out movements, with/without anti-passback control;
- Registration occurrences of failed authentication attempts;
- Mobile and non-intrusive validation;
- Definition of the security perimeter of the facilities;
- Integration of surveillance of perimeters and access areas;
- Realtime synoptic control in inputs/outputs and events
- Registration process log entry and validation, recording attendance and incidences.
Access control platform EGAPI ID-System suitable validation protocols policies and operational processes, from every kind of person / vehicle and safety conditions of the facility at any time. Supports and integrates the various types of validation with guaranteed scalability and performance.